Sunday 21 July 2013

Horticulture, I has it

Mantelpiece Moment
I have lived in my wee flat (it has two-and-a-half bedrooms) nearly a year now.  One of the things that I liked about it when I was looking for somewhere was the fact that the whole front garden on this side of the block are belong to me.  Now, none of my more ambitious plans have been put into motion just yet, but in the spring some seeds were bought.  And the past few weeks a cohort of sweetpeas and poppies have been emerging.  This has encouraged me so much that I have even done weeding!

So now my mantel has the first fragrant blooms gracing it in a little Kilner spice jar and I feel I have accomplished a Thing.  Now I just have to figure out what to do with the rampant fennel - any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment